Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Winter coat

I've decided to make a winter coat this year, something of a perennial habit for me. I made my first one at a sewing class, and it's great, mostly thanks to a good fabric choice.

Last year I made another, but a combination of probably the wrong pattern, and definitely the wrong fabric, plus some fitting issues ended up with a wadder.

So this year I'm going all out, I did a bunch of research on patternreview.com and picked out a pattern that I think will work, simplicity 2812

 

Decided on a combo of collar (gathered), sleeve (inverted pleat), length (mid thigh), pretty much like the red coat in this picture

 

I even did a muslin of the bodice and made the necessary adjustments

 

And this evening I cut out the bodice and interfaced it. Which went well although this black fuzz that is all over everything is a bit ominous...

 

Wish me luck!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment