Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rusty baby quilt

This is a baby quilt I made for my cousins baby. I love this pattern from Craft Nectar, it's great for using scraps without making it look too scrappy. I think sometimes scrappy quilts can end up looking like a colour mangle, but this pattern has a lot of negative space, and I find it more pleasing to look at.

The rust coloured fabric is actually a cotton lawn from spotlight, which I picked for the colour, with the added side benefit of being half the price of the quilting fabric. Instead of using batting on the inside, I used flannelette, which makes a nice summer weight quilt.

I wanted to use this quilt to test out pebble quilting, but after some solid procrastination I ended up with only two days to baste, quilt, bind and wash it so I fell back on stipple quilting. Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment